BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Fewer books, fewer markets ... recommendations?

Exchange ideas and share info about all alert services.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fewer books, fewer markets ... recommendations?

Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Betonvalue (BOV) has recently removed "events and bookmakers that didn't have a lot of activity" so currently they cover these 7 sports; soccer, hockey, basket, tennis, handball, volley and esports. They have also excluded a handfull of books. I have been in dialogue with them and they may re-introduce markets and books on demand.

Why do you think BOV would do this?

I have had much activity in other sports such as rugby league, rugby union, american football, table tennis and cricket. I cannot rely on a hope that BOV will come back to it's previous state, so I need to compensate for this loss. One option is to start developing very specific scrapers that will cover the markets that have been lost. It takes time and my home-made product cannot match the services' in terms of speed and reliability. Another option is to look for an additional service. So I am wondering if someone can recommend a service that does the following?:

Only pre-match required.
Includes rugby league, rugby union, american football, table tennis, cricket and other low-medium markets.
Has as many bettypes as possible, for instance 3rd quarter over/under in american football.
Has history of odds changes.
Works well on a mobile device.
Last edited by VidaBlue on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
risilloch
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Fewer books, fewer markets ... recommendations?

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 am

VidaBlue wrote: ...

Why do you think BOV would do this?

There must be a cost involved in the maintenance of the removed data. I would guess that they can be more profitable by abandoning the collection of this data.

If BOV is no longer providing you with what you need then terminate your subscription. But if no suitable replacement is available you may just have to accept the situation as it is.

I can't see a home built alternative ever approaching the same performance level of an arb service in terms of speed and reliability so I suggest you don't try. But do you really need that level of performance for those lost markets. If not, then building your own specific solution sounds like the answer.

In terms of access via mobile rather than build your solution to run on a mobile consider running on your home PC but accessing via some remoting solution. Chrome has an extension you can use to access your home PC from your mobile.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Fewer books, fewer markets ... recommendations?

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Thank you risilloch

BOV still provides me so much in the major sports, so not planning on terminating the subscription. I was just wondering if some of the other known services could complement BOV by replacing what was recently lost.
risilloch wrote: But do you really need that level of performance for those lost markets. If not, then building your own specific solution sounds like the answer.
No, you're right, I don't need performance, I don't need speed, I just need coverage of specific minor markets and only when I'm actually betting, which would be 2 to 3 full scrapes per day. I have made other home-made services in esports and NBA player specials, but they are costly in terms of development time and maintenance (especially when sites change their scripts) so it makes much more sense saving precious time just paying for a service instead.
risilloch wrote: In terms of access via mobile rather than build your solution to run on a mobile consider running on your home PC but accessing via some remoting solution. Chrome has an extension you can use to access your home PC from your mobile.
Yes, I do that already. Chrome Remote Desktop is so nice and has been invaluable since October 2018 when you recommended it  :D:
https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=33.msg66642#msg66642
For that I am grateful ...

Return to “General talk about alert services”