BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Long on ETH

Where to invest the surplus of funds

Our good member CharlieSheen99 suggested that we start a new board in our forum dedicated to cryptos only. What do you think?

Yes, start the board.
80%
No, no need for it.
20%

Total votes: 35
Goojybooboo
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Long on ETH

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:35 pm

Congrats to apoel81 for triggering the 2nd thoughts, and of course congrats to arbusers for re-assessing the situation. The forum is on the next level. It is my opinion that your current exposure to ETH is very limited, and you should buy back some of the ETH if there is an opportunity.
But of course, your ETH position outperformed BTC by far.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:28 pm

thanks for the update arbusers
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:43 am

I try to read carefully all your posts.
As you mentioned several times your investement decisions are based on facts ,TA  indicators and solid strategy rather than news and emotions.
If not mistaken one of your base assumptions was that this cycle will end at the very earliest at 2022 and possible even 2023.
If that is the case then the 42k btc top by no means is the over all top but rather a local top in this bull cycle.
Ofcourse no one can predict future and 42k maybe indeed be "the top" of this cycle , however your move to sell your BTC (purchased with ETH) into fiat contranticts with your original base assumption.
Is there any factor other than just risk managment that lead you to the decision to go against  your original assumption (the one about the duration of this cycle) ?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:58 am

cortomaltese wrote: If not mistaken one of your base assumptions was that this cycle will end at the very earliest at 2022 and possible even 2023.
If that is the case then the 42k btc top by no means is the over all top but rather a local top in this bull cycle.
Yes, correct. The overall plan is based on lengthening cycles and not shortening. But at the same time, we need to cover the possibility that our hypothesis is wrong. And we need to find our selves in a position, where we make money, even if our hypothesis is wrong.

You see that my decision to sell eventually to fiat, is not based on any kind of news. Not at all. It is simply risk calculation, where I sacrifice part of a future profit, for safety. Let's put it into figures. We sold 80% of our ETH assets at 2.5-3X. We are already winners, but we reserve for our selves to have some more profits in the event that the market continues going up.
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:19 am

A number of indicators are showing the strong possibility of a correction for ETH.

1st, We have a negative divergence between the price of ETH and the daily RSI. This is very powerful, because it is confirmed in 3 successive tops.

2nd, The Monthly RSI stands at 92.5 which is already extremely overbought. Even though it could move a little bit higher, the margins are getting very tight here.

ETH.png

Notice, the monthly RSI graph, is not correlated in time with the ETH price above.

Information is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice or any other advice. Information is general in nature and is not specific to you. You should not make any decision, financial or otherwise, based on any of the Information without undertaking your own due diligence.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 am

Really nice analysis here.Very useful info.

In general i am late with all crypto business despite with other members here,but i want to give it a try.

So you believe that we should wait for market mature.Which do you think is the price to start buy?
One assumption for me(which may i follow) is around 1000 dollars or do you think is too high?

Again i am not interested to short sell as i am interested to long run.Some people believe that ethereum price is right now even low.

Take point that "most DeFi projects currently rely on Ethereum, a public blockchain that offers an open network with intelligent features such as the smart contract".
Defi may increase the price of ethereum even higher.May i will wait for 1k price but i am afraid that it is possible to never see this" low buy price".

What do you think about 900-1000 $ price?Buy or not?
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Chasing bubbles is not the wisest thing you could do. It would be better for you to jump in when we were saying that DCA period is here.
Now, even if you buy ETH at today's prices, in the end ETH will give you profits. But have in mind, it might take a complete cycle until that day comes. You have to calculate the value of your money during these years, because it might be locked producing nothing for you except stress.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:00 pm

because it might be locked producing nothing for you except stress
Eventhough i totally agree with your post , however funds doesn't have to be idle
i encourage everyone to explore DEFI prospects and take advantage !
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:43 am

Actually i do not think that 900 price is actually chasing bubbles because we speak for a 35/100 downgrade of the highest price(1392 usd).

But i get your point Arbusers,you actually believe that we will see soon lower price of 900 usd.I hope so in order to buy more.
Last edited by gamblehappier on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
arbusers
Administrator

Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:52 am

gamblehappier wrote: But i get your point Arbusers,you actually believe that we will see soon lower price of 900 usd.I hope so in order to buy more.
I never said i believe the price will go to $900, even though it could.
balls of steele
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 pm

With today's ETH price at $1500 and a massive opportunity missed, do you feel you should say I am sorry to your members?
cigo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:01 pm

balls of steele wrote: With today's ETH price at $1500 and a massive opportunity missed, do you feel you should say I am sorry to your members?
if you cash out every match, you dont care what hapenes long term. You dont look at the end of mach results. Its the same here. This is trading not hodling
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:03 am

balls of steele wrote: With today's ETH price at $1500 and a massive opportunity missed, do you feel you should say I am sorry to your members?
Why say sorry? You should already be in profit.

It is like someone telling you to back Barcelona at 2.00, he then tells you to lay same bet at 1.50 for profit and you complaining cause the odds moved to 1.40 or 1.30 at the end.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 am

I suppose we are all big boys here! Arbusers is not giving financial advise as he states frequently in his posts.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:00 am

Information is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice or any other advice. Information is general in nature and is not specific to you. You should not make any decision, financial or otherwise, based on any of the Information without undertaking your own due diligence.

Everyone here is over 18 years old and has hair in the eggs.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”