RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Skrill closing accounts / possible paysafe action against users

Skrill: VIP accounts | Highest Limits | Reduced costs
f.giosto
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Skrill closing accounts / possible paysafe action against users

Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:13 am

Hi guys Skrill closed my account without any reason permanently 5 days ago (they sent me a bullshitting email about breaking their t&c-s). Since then multiple account restrictions / closings reported from various users. Affected countries so far: Italy and Germany. Just wanted you to know that – also be advised to withdraw any funds from accounts you may cannot fully verify with multiple docs or webcam verifications. It seems they go after inactive accounts mostly. Merry Christmas I guess.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Skrill closing accounts / possible paysafe action against users

Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:06 pm

what bookmakers you used to deposit from that closed Skrill ?
f.giosto
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Bet365 and Betfair
balls of steele
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:31 pm

f.giosto wrote: Since then multiple account restrictions / closings reported from various users.
Are you sure you are not a locust? Just asking.
CR777
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:30 pm

Not only from inactive accounts.

I used Skrill each month for the past 6 years, VIP gold customer, KYC verified.
Had the same bullsh i t email.

My monthly pattern:
receive my salary
deposit in skrill
fund my bet365, betdaq and sports agent account.
do some bets, lose some if not all

Have previously in the past used the crypto deposit, they have stopped to offer that service to my residence country.

They asked me for proof of winnings (I am a loser, am I the only one???)

-proof of salary (I decided not to provide it as had past experiences where I provided it and still had accounts closed with smarkets and matchbook)

-proof of my btc transactions. I don't use btc for months (too volatile for me) I do not keep track of my past bad experiences (to whom should I ask for a "bank btc statement"?)

-association with the sports agent (provided)

-why did I login from a country that was not my residence country (provided, was away for a week visiting relatives)

I've asked them if by proof of winnings I could provide my credit card statement (my name, address and credit card limit is shown) or to have a notary certifying I have enough money to decide to waste on gambling.

No answer whatsoever from my purposal.
Last feedback received:

We are sorry to inform you that during a recent audit of your Skrill account, we found reasonable grounds to discontinue our business relationship. Therefore, your account has been closed. Please note that this decision is final and irreversible.

More information on the issue is available in section 11 of the Terms and Conditions you accepted when you registered. The following articles also apply:

4. Opening Your Skrill Account

[ ... ]

4.5. All information you provide during the signup process or any time thereafter must be accurate and truthful.

[ ... ]

16. Termination and suspension

[ ... ]

16.4. We may at any time suspend or terminate your Skrill Account without notice if:

16.4.1. you breach any condition of these Terms of Use or any other condition applicable to specific services covered by separate terms and conditions;

We appreciate your understanding.

Note that I also had a Neteller account, same VIP level, KYC verified but used unregularly (huge fees charged)
I used it yesterday for a deposit.
I received the same closure email (without having received prior email asking for the same questions as with Skrill), so beware
Last edited by CR777 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:09 pm

This is very intrusive. Did they give you the chance to withdraw your funds to a bank account? What do you think triggered this reaction? And of course, it is a surprise they linked both Skrill and Neteller accounts. They made a step forward.
CR777
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:46 pm

no, 0.06 Eur though

Apart from the withdrawals received from the sports agent, I cannot see anything else, I was also using their card for shopping in my residence country, it did not matter, any question I asked was not answered
mousetrapopen

Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:47 am

Hey,

i have seen some same and some different blocks.
in December 2 friends got same as this, blocked skrill, i think both on 20th. Dec. no explanation, they could cash out to bank acc. The only strange thing on account there was 2 cashouts received identicaly in same day/minute. After that and an hour there was a block.

In previous days, they blocked skrill acc. the account was just receiving money, and not sending for a month. I found out in email as it is restricted, still dont know why. Waiting for replies.
Another friend have a block in next day, they ask for selfie + id, he did sent but have been rejected, now he trying to resend.

Anybody have some info how they choose account to close?  Do they follow the money sending to others? It could be some block because of other accounts that have sent me money, and the blocking my acc as of that?

Return to “Skrill”