Future stocks--stocks that you believe will increase their price

Where to invest the surplus of funds
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Future stocks--stocks that you believe will increase their price

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:30 am

The question here is simple

Which stocks do you believe that are going to increase a lot in the near future?

For me the future is electro-type stocks and all electro car area.Tesla,General Motors,Nio,Nikola,Kndi,Aptv may increase too much in recent years.Electric cars right now is the future.

Again nothing is sure,we may see in 10 yeas other types of cars(hydrogen) but me personally i wll give a buy to the above.

Nothing is sure,may some of these companies vanish and lose money,but i think that a small percetange of your capital to these cheap companies,may will give you a lot of cash in the future.Those who already invested before some years have already gain a lot.

Market cap of these stocks(Except Tesla,General Motors) is too low but again i think its worth some small percetange of your capital.

Again this is not a financial advice is just a a thought-conversation!

You guys,which stocks area-type of stocks do you think?
Last edited by gamblehappier on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Future stocks--stocks that you believe will increase their price

Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:12 am

gamblehappier wrote: may increase too much in recent years.
...or may not.
De Graaf
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 am

gamblehappier wrote: The question here is simple

Which stocks do you believe that are going to increase a lot in the near future?

For me the future is electro-type stocks and all electro car area.
If this is your interest, perhaps you can look at deep sea exploration (and mining) as well as cobalt production. Both domains pertain to the natural resources needed for higher-order technology, such as electric cars, to operate. Think batteries.

Energy (production and consumption) is as fundamental as food, in the modern context, and batteries are really the great, unsolved obstacle in energy. Why they are needed, aside from the obvious battery in a car?

- National and transnational electrical grids are unidirectional, electricity flows one-way, cannot be stopped and cannot be conserved. So there is this insane, minute by minute, matchmaking (like on an exchange book with very deep liquidity) between supply and demand. It's a miracle it actually works so well.
- Demand varies in a somewhat familiar curve during a day (looks like a duck) and granted, you can't tell people to postpone making lunch at 5 p.m after work in order to 'flatten the curve' on the grid load. So this is somewhat fixed and unchangeable.
- Supply is where the problem is, all known ways to produce electricity involve hours, if not days, to start the machine up as well as change its output, in order to meet the changing demand. Nuclear power plants need days, coal needs a day, hydro is fastest in hours (but not available everywhere).
- Renewables, which are cool these days, are so unreliable in output, you would not believe. So, if you are in the northern hemisphere of the planet today, its winter and is likely you have clouds in the sky. Well, comparing to a sunny, clear-sky noon in July on the same location, the output of solar today will be about 10% of its capability, its max capability is not very large to begin with.
- You combine renewables as majority of producers with the current e. grid and the required infrastructural adaptation in the grid is so large, that no nation can economically sustain it without a collapse. 

All of the above poses a problem in fundamental needs. You may produce too much or too little electricity. Too much means it gets 100% wasted above the need threshold. Also, it costs substantially to take measures not to fry yourself (the grid). You produce too little, someone stays hungry, or dead.

Large scale storage solves for that, as well as better transportation. Currently, the absolute best battery that we have for large storage is two ponds (body of water) on different altitudes, high and low, with a dam with pipes between them. When the upper pond empties quicker it increases supply. In anticipation of near-future needs, the upper pond can fill from the lower pond (via hydraulics), so it goes both ways, like a battery. This is almost always economically unviable (net-loss), but solves for the problem above. It is hydro source, because turbines are quickest to go on and off.

I do go on, really wanted to share just the first sentence. Nonetheless, if one takes your perfectly valid assumption about electrical cars in the future, you can dig a little deeper in order to gain an angle into investing.

Personally, there is a case to be made that the current actions of the Federal Reserve System have inflated the price of publicly traded companies, like Tesla, to such a degree that it is not worth even considering that option. That's a whole different topic, and there are a few mentions on these boards.

Cheers

Edit: I wrote this off the cuff, more from a technical perspective than an investing idea. Its not financial advice or suggestion by any means.
Last edited by De Graaf on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:07 pm

De Graaf wrote:
gamblehappier wrote: The question here is simple

For me the future is electro-type stocks and all electro car area.
If this is your interest, perhaps you can look at deep sea exploration (and mining) as well as cobalt production. Both domains pertain to the natural resources needed for higher-order technology, such as electric cars, to operate. Think batteries.

Energy (production and consumption) is as fundamental as food, in the modern context, and batteries are really the great, unsolved obstacle in energy. Why they are needed, aside from the obvious battery in a car?

- National and transnational electrical grids are unidirectional, electricity flows one-way, cannot be stopped and cannot be conserved. So there is this insane, minute by minute, matchmaking (like on an exchange book with very deep liquidity) between supply and demand. It's a miracle it actually works so well.
- Demand varies in a somewhat familiar curve during a day (looks like a duck) and granted, you can't tell people to postpone making lunch at 5 p.m after work in order to 'flatten the curve' on the grid load. So this is somewhat fixed and unchangeable.
- Supply is where the problem is, all known ways to produce electricity involve hours, if not days, to start the machine up as well as change its output, in order to meet the changing demand. Nuclear power plants need days, coal needs a day, hydro is fastest in hours (but not available everywhere).
- Renewables, which are cool these days, are so unreliable in output, you would not believe. So, if you are in the northern hemisphere of the planet today, its winter and is likely you have clouds in the sky. Well, comparing to a sunny, clear-sky noon in July on the same location, the output of solar today will be about 10% of its capability, its max capability is not very large to begin with.
- You combine renewables as majority of producers with the current e. grid and the required infrastructural adaptation in the grid is so large, that no nation can economically sustain it without a collapse. 

All of the above poses a problem in fundamental needs. You may produce too much or too little electricity. Too much means it gets 100% wasted above the need threshold. Also, it costs substantially to take measures not to fry yourself (the grid). You produce too little, someone stays hungry, or dead.

Large scale storage solves for that, as well as better transportation. Currently, the absolute best battery that we have for large storage is two ponds (body of water) on different altitudes, high and low, with a dam with pipes between them. When the upper pond empties quicker it increases supply. In anticipation of near-future needs, the upper pond can fill from the lower pond (via hydraulics), so it goes both ways, like a battery. This is almost always economically unviable (net-loss), but solves for the problem above. It is hydro source, because turbines are quickest to go on and off.

I do go on, really wanted to share just the first sentence. Nonetheless, if one takes your perfectly valid assumption about electrical cars in the future, you can dig a little deeper in order to gain an angle into investing.

Personally, there is a case to be made that the current actions of the Federal Reserve System have inflated the price of publicly traded companies, like Tesla, to such a degree that it is not worth even considering that option. That's a whole different topic, and there are a few mentions on these boards.

Cheers

Edit: I wrote this off the cuff, more from a technical perspective than an investing idea. Its not financial advice or suggestion by any means.
Actually here i would like to see more answers,or some suggestions from our members.

De Graaf your reply here is too good,i will keep in mind.In general as you said we should dig deeper in future energy and all of sector of batteries and electro car.
Last edited by gamblehappier on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 am

So difficult to say.

I will not say any stock, but i would like to share my thoughts:

1) I think that almost every old company will go down. 20th centuries companies are like a trasatlantic, and management decisions take years to be real. Small companies have the same access to new technologies than the big ones, and they move very fast. In some days, they can change the direction of the company.
2) Don't invest in banks. Banks have (in my opinion) a lot of clouds in front of them. And i don't see their future clear.
3) We will see everything changing in this century, so be careful with long term investments.
Our parents finished the university had a job, and stay in the same job for all their lifes.
This kind of things will never ever happen so, people will have to change their jobs again and again, jumping from one company to another, and most of this jumps will mean one company crashing.
4) We have right now a lot of small companies with stocks at cents, and, in twenty years this stocks will cost hundreds. Maybe look for startups.
5) In this century everything is unclear, so, don't trust no one.
6) Things will go so fast, so i think that an intelligent investor with cold blood will have a lot to win.

Good luck.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:07 am

There is no fixed formula in investing. Even Warren Buffett who made the same type of investment for all his life now he sees that his formula is not working anymore and is making different type of investment. As far as particular stocks i think one major factor not mentioned is the company management team. In research that should be the crucial thing, especially in new companies.
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:48 pm

For me the game of stock picking has changed. Right now everything is about what FED will do(how much they will print),what they will buy, how many twits a CEO makes in order to promote his stock, how many Youtubers,Twitter stars, whatever dude has a lot of followers will say to his/her followers to do. Financial reality has been thrown from the window, other stuff matter the most. I think that the Alchemy of Finance by George Soros is the book that describes this phenomenon (Reflexivity).
Last edited by makarid on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:28 pm

I believe there is great potential in companies that deal with biopolymers.
There is a number of reasons why you should invest in these companies. Let me state some:

1. In all civilized world there is a growing trend to replace plastics. Already, the EU took significant measures to reduce plastic in our life. Like many other sectors in economic activity, other blocks and countries will follow, and in the end, they will all together press the 3rd world countries to respect our planet. I hope no-one is offended by the term ''3rd world''. The ultimate target is to rid the world once and for all of the non-biodegradable plastics used across the food and beverage space that continue to clog up landfills and oceans.

2. As I already invested in companies like RDSA (see the relevant thread here: https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=0) companies that deal with biopolymers are a great hedge reducing my risks, even though the dependency of the world on oil is not reduced at all these last 30 years.

3. There are companies on the other side of the spectrum, those who produce or need a lot of plastic that will take positions in these companies to hedge their own risks. I am taking a position to these companies before them, to take advantage of the tsunami they will create. For example, coca-cola is dependent on plastics, they will need to hedge this dependency.

4. The amount of business is immense. There are some 800 billion pounds of plastic made every year, and biopolymers can replace more than half of those pounds. This is a guaranteed business for years to come if not for decades.

I believe there is a strong case here.
Last edited by arbusers on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:44 pm

arbusers wrote: I hope no-one is offended by the term ''3rd world''.
Depends. If you are talking about 3rd world currencies, yes. I am offended.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:28 am

Thanks for answers guys.This thread is too interesting.We should keep active and suggest some future stocks.This that you said for Warren Buffet is true,right now his investemenets are not the best,but whatever we say,we can criticize him,he won billions from stocks.

Anti-plastic is sure a good suggestion for future.There are some NYSE companies i may take a look.

Also all alternative eco-friendly energy stocks(NextEra Energy,Duke energy etc) have a lot of future.From sun,solar,water, wind all these sectors that produce "eco friendly" energy probably will increase too much in the next years.

But again,the best will surive,because there will be a lot competition in a few years.So companies with good managers and productive staff/healty capital-market cap will have a huge boost.

I will personally give a pick to anti plastic companies,alternative energy companies and of course which i have already done to electro automakers like Tesla,Nio,General motors etc..
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:38 am

gamblehappier wrote: There are some NYSE companies i may take a look.
Why limit your choices in the US only?
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:15 pm

arbusers wrote:
gamblehappier wrote: There are some NYSE companies i may take a look.
Why limit your choices in the US only?
You are right here,Arbusers.Right now,i do not have so much capital in order to diversify stocks outside Nyse,Nasdaq.But it will be a future goal.Also i should update trading permissions.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:48 am

Just a good list from google about battery comapnies
Top EV stocks and battery companies:

Tesla Inc. (TSLA)
Nio Inc. (NIO)
ChargePoint Holdings Inc. (CHPT)
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (300750.SZ)
Lithium Americas Corp. (LAC)
Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd. (GNENF)
Panasonic Corp. (PCRFY)

Other future stocks that have potential

We see some new electric comanies which may explode in the future(lucid,rivian)
Meta/vr stocks i think is a have a lot of future.
Cannabis stocks maybe also be a good opportunity but not as the above.
And of course all the above future stocks that you mention(energy-battery,biopolymers)

If you have some type of stocks that you believe that will increase you can share it if you want :)
arbusers
Administrator

Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:01 am

My understanding and experience have shown that I can't realistically follow and analyse a big number of stocks. It is not possible, unless you are that genius. So I asked my self, what is the number of stocks that I have good knowledge right now? So the answer is 4. To these, I am adding the experience I gathered these last years for BTC, and that is it.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:59 am

I got your point Arbusers.Actually you speak about finding very good value.Yes you need a lot of searching,you may need to pay cash at expert sites(for example moltey fool) and of course it is good to know people expert in this field.You are right about it.

Me personally i try to buy some stocks-etfs(and yes some of these will have value) and win inflation-or stay at least the same level of spy over longrun.Your method is better but you need a lot of experience-searching-relationships.

Αgain it will be useful for the forum,we as members to post some stocks picks here from time to time

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”