RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Where do you trade stocks?

Where to invest the surplus of funds
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Where do you trade stocks?

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:01 pm

I am looking for a cheap and trusted broker to start investing in stocks.

I am aware of many of those brokers but reviews on net are confusing me.

Is there a reputable giant broker with low commissions like we have pinnacle for betting?

I was planning to use Interactive Brokers but saw many negative reviews about them that pushed me off for now.

Also, is there anyone who opened trading account via bank and can name the bank?

Would prefer that route but my bank has 200 euro minimum charge per trade and i think it is too expensive.

Last question, are trading accounts opened via banks, more secure than online brokers?
arctrading
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Where do you trade stocks?

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:50 pm

apoel81 wrote: I am looking for a cheap and trusted broker to start investing in stocks.

I am aware of many of those brokers but reviews on net are confusing me.

Is there a reputable giant broker with low commissions like we have pinnacle for betting?

I was planning to use Interactive Brokers but saw many negative reviews about them that pushed me off for now.

Also, is there anyone who opened trading account via bank and can name the bank?

Would prefer that route but my bank has 200 euro minimum charge per trade and i think it is too expensive.

Last question, are trading accounts opened via banks, more secure than online brokers?
May i ask what information you read about IB that discouraged you to not open account with them? Just curious as im using it myself and no problems so far. But for a person residing in EU, IB is on top 3.

Its hard to give advice on bank simply because without knowing your residency, cant really suggest anything. Altough 200 eur per trade is way too much :D Its usually 1% with minimum 10€ fee (if you buy stocks for 100€ then fee is 10€ not 1€).

For the last question, that depends again on the country you reside. In some countries yes but overall in EU all banks are covered with 100k protection + the fact that you, as a person, own those stocks and not the bank. So even if your broker/bank goes bust, the shares are still listed on exchange under your name and not on your banks name. The bank/broker is what it is, just a middleman. But for security and investor protection, that depends on the country/region you reside :)
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:36 am

I personally use Interactive brokers,etoro(small amount,do not use this broker) and Revolut.
Degiro is also good.

My favourite is of course Interactive,because it has great analysis,especially if you are a trader.You will find a ton of stocks as it has a big variety.Take point that they charge extra for live price stocks(they also have some other fees)

At eurochosebroker Interactive is one of the best.Commissions and margin account(which i personally use) are extremely low

Revolut is also good but not so professional as Interactive Brokers and of course with a small number of stocks.
Revolut is clearly the easiest broker to use.Hope it helps. ;)
Last edited by gamblehappier on Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:01 am

Thanks for help guys, will start from IB and see how it goes

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”