RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Rounding

Ask anything about smart gambling
Jim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Rounding

Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:17 pm

New to arbing, but I'm an experienced match bettor and understand the numbers, so I'm ready to have a go at arbing.

One very basic question, how much do you need to round? I understand that if I try to bet £82.31 at a bookie, I might as well hang up the "I'm an arber sign" If I bet £80 though it's likely that the arb disappears or is at least one-sided.

Would I get away with rounding to £82 or £83 or is that still too odd an amount?

Thanks
Jim
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Rounding

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:08 am

Jim wrote: New to arbing, but I'm an experienced match bettor and understand the numbers, so I'm ready to have a go at arbing.

One very basic question, how much do you need to round? I understand that if I try to bet £82.31 at a bookie, I might as well hang up the "I'm an arber sign" If I bet £80 though it's likely that the arb disappears or is at least one-sided.

Would I get away with rounding to £82 or £83 or is that still too odd an amount?

Thanks
Jim

Better keep it 80 to keep a low profile.Round the numbers.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:32 am

To the soft side you round by 10, in your case 80. To the sharp side you round by 1. In your case 82. So it depends to where you bet.
Jim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:47 am

gamblehappier wrote:
Jim wrote:
Better keep it 80 to keep a low profile.Round the numbers.
That's my problem though if I round to the nearest £5, the arb becomes one-sided and no longer a sure win
Jim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:52 am

Wolfie wrote: To the soft side you round by 10, in your case 80. To the sharp side you round by 1. In your case 82. So it depends to where you bet.
Two more questions,
(1) How do I know what is the soft side?
(2) Will rounding to 1 not signal that I'm arbing. £82 does not have pennies involved, but it's still not a usual amount to put on a bet, especially if my other bets are £73, £44, £56 etc.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:18 am

Jim wrote:
Wolfie wrote: To the soft side you round by 10, in your case 80. To the sharp side you round by 1. In your case 82. So it depends to where you bet.
Two more questions,
(1) How do I know what is the soft side?
(2) Will rounding to 1 not signal that I'm arbing. £82 does not have pennies involved, but it's still not a usual amount to put on a bet, especially if my other bets are £73, £44, £56 etc.
So you are arbing soft to soft. Its better to arb against sharp books initially, this way you dont waste resources. After some experience you can arb soft vs soft too if that is your preference. If a soft before limitation allows you to place 10 bets you will make 10 bets and consume 2 soft books. While if you bet vs sharps you will make 20 bets vs a sharp book. 10 for each soft book.

Return to “Newbie's questions”