Best Molly whitelabel (or direct?)

A place to compare agents, services and offers.
ex-hft
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Best Molly whitelabel (or direct?)

Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi all, and thank you for contributing to this lovely forum. I've been reading and learning a lot over the last few days.

As my username implies, I'm an ex-hft quant. I am in the process of exploring the smart betting space - it is very interesting, and has a lot in common with financial markets. If folks around here have any questions about how financial markets (and algorithmic trading) work - I will gladly help with that.

I have some basic sport betting strategies which I'm currently deploying at Pinnacle, but I'd like to expand to as many "winners welcome" bookmakers and exchanges (Sing, ISN, Penta88, Betfair, not sure who else is still around), and the consensus seems to be that one of the Molly white labels is the best way to go.

My two main considerations are:
- Access to liquidity, especially on the lower-tier leagues.
- Ease of API integration. Preferably by HTTP requests and not by message queues (some providers in this space have C#  SDKs which handle continuous communication - I don't like it).

So - who would you choose? Any reason to use Molly directly?

Thank you, and good luck with you gambling :)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Best Molly whitelabel (or direct?)

Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:14 am

Hello ex-hft and welcome to our forum.

Over the years we have seen many people jumping to betting from financial markets and vice versa. Some people are active in both fields. Allow me to comment a little bit on your fits post.

The ''winners welcome'' era is long time gone. Every sharp bookmaker and exchange has many strings attached and you should be very careful in determining if your kind of action is welcomed by them. You should of course search the forum for more, but very quickly I can say that Sing is notorious for voiding bets, Smarkets, Betfair and white labels might accuse you for a wide range of activities, Pinnacle doesn't like people who are smarter than their traders.

Mollybet will not cover all your needs as there is no lay option and not all markets are covered. But for sure Mollybet is a must have tool. You can read some more here: https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?t=5

In my opinion Mollybet is very picky to offer services to retail clients and most probably they will not answer or reject your request. Of course you can try and see on your own. At this point in time I would go for a Mollybet account through an agent for reasons that we scrutinised several times.
As for the API, these are tricky times and it would be better to have an answer directly from them, if you can.
Good luck.
ex-hft
Has experience

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Thank you arbusers. Great point.
Geronimo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:41 pm

Dear Ex-HFT,

did you buy the Mollybet API?

Was your programmer able to implement everything as desired?

If he's still working on it, what are the current challenges?

I wish you every success and keep my fingers crossed for a profitable implementation!
ex-hft
Has experience

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Thank you.
The API looks simple enough, but we decided to postpone it by a couple of months and improve other aspects of our trading first, in order to make sure that we can hit the volume requirements.
Geronimo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Dear ex-hft,

how are you?

Bet-Football answered that way (attachement)

Can you please tell me, where I can receive the API documentation and further information?

Is there really no trial/test API available?

Thank you!
Attachments
QBO.jpg
Bet2Win
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:26 am

Ex-hft would love to discuss this further. I have a lot of data I could share depending what sports you are looking at?
ex-hft
Has experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:29 am

Geronimo wrote: Dear ex-hft,

how are you?

Bet-Football answered that way (attachement)

Can you please tell me, where I can receive the API documentation and further information?

Is there really no trial/test API available?

Thank you!
Hey, sorry that I missed our message.
I found the API simply by googling it: api.mollybet.com/docs/v1/
It's not too hard to use if you're a competent programmer, or have one working for you.
I don't know about a trial API, and they expect you to start placing bets very soon after starting to use the website (about $100K/month at a minimum).
It might be different between different agents, I'm not sure.
Last edited by ex-hft on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ex-hft
Has experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:34 am

Bet2Win wrote: Ex-hft would love to discuss this further. I have a lot of data I could share depending what sports you are looking at?
My main focus is soccer at the moment, but I"m interested in all sports, and especially in the sort of signals that work across all of them (think "technical analysis").
I checked the "allow users to email you" box in my account - if that works I'll be happy to chat. I can also reply in the thread to general thoughts.
Bet2Win
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:25 pm

ex-hft wrote:
Bet2Win wrote: Ex-hft would love to discuss this further. I have a lot of data I could share depending what sports you are looking at?
My main focus is soccer at the moment, but I"m interested in all sports, and especially in the sort of signals that work across all of them (think "technical analysis").
I checked the "allow users to email you" box in my account - if that works I'll be happy to chat. I can also reply in the thread to general thoughts.
Sadly I don't think that works. I was told by admin that private messaging was disabled for everyone. Seems like emailing is the same.
ex-hft
Has experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:11 pm

That’s ok. What kind of data are you recording? What are you thinking of doing with it?
Bet2Win
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:16 pm

ex-hft wrote: That’s ok. What kind of data are you recording? What are you thinking of doing with it?
We trade numerous markets on exchanges now in an HFT style... Soccer is one of the few sports we don't do. There's a few big syndicates that make up most of that volume. Looking to get into that it's just very competitive. Have some data on it was going to see if maybe you wanted to collaborate. Did you work at a HF or bank or prop shop in UK/USA?
ex-hft
Has experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:36 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
ex-hft wrote: That’s ok. What kind of data are you recording? What are you thinking of doing with it?
We trade numerous markets on exchanges now in an HFT style... Soccer is one of the few sports we don't do. There's a few big syndicates that make up most of that volume. Looking to get into that it's just very competitive. Have some data on it was going to see if maybe you wanted to collaborate. Did you work at a HF or bank or prop shop in UK/USA?
Very interesting. Are you doing market-making? Directional trading?

I’m betting pre-match only at the moment, and only at Asian books (but I’m planning to incorporate exchanges later on). 

Prior to this I lead a research team at a large HFT company.
Bet2Win
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:34 pm

ex-hft wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:

I’m betting pre-match only at the moment, and only at Asian books (but I’m planning to incorporate exchanges later on). 

A bit of both... Market making but with an opinion so we're not flat at the OFF.

How's your asian betting going so far? Any decent sample size? Are you aware of how mollybet works in terms of them using your information?
ex-hft
Has experience

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:07 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
ex-hft wrote:
Bet2Win wrote: We trade numerous markets on exchanges now in an HFT style... Soccer is one of the few sports we don't do. There's a few big syndicates that make up most of that volume. Looking to get into that it's just very competitive. Have some data on it was going to see if maybe you wanted to collaborate. Did you work at a HF or bank or prop shop in UK/USA?

A bit of both... Market making but with an opinion so we're not flat at the OFF.

How's your asian betting going so far? Any decent sample size? Are you aware of how mollybet works in terms of them using your information?
We're just starting out. We have a very high sharpe (1000s of bets per month, but very small bet sizes), almost no losing weeks.
Working on scaling up now. Touch wood.

About Molly - I'm not sure. I know that Molly are Gambit, and that they can use that information as a signal. But is there something more concrete?
(I know mostly about financial instruments. The gambling world is new to me)

Return to “General talk about betting agents”