RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Is Robinhood financially safe?

Where to invest the surplus of funds
Goojybooboo
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Is Robinhood financially safe?

Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:05 am

It is on the news today that Robinhood raised 1 $BN from existing investors. Bloomberg says that Robinhood is drawing on its bank credit lines to make sure it has the cash on hand to clear trades. Now, Bloomberg has learned that the company is also raising over $1 billion from existing investors.
I have seen in many Youtube channels that Robinhood sells Bitcoins to their users without actually buying it from the market. At these BTC levels, if Robinhood's clients ask for their BTCs, maybe they severe liquidity problem come to the surface.
Opinions please.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Is Robinhood financially safe?

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:40 am

So what you are saying is Robinhood itself has a huge short position in bitcoin ? I dont think so. They are not noobs.
Last edited by Wolfie on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 am

Probably this decision was the worst think they could do. In my opinion they will bankrupt. They self destruct
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 am

There is an IPO for them later this year. I guess they are in a desperate need for cash. The poor management and the overall actions of decadence is evident.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 am

This is a great Twitter-thread explaining what has happened. Why RB did what it did with Gamestop and others, and why it needs money.

https://twitter.com/KralcTrebor/status/ ... 6165225478
vinciguerra
Has experience

Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:50 am

Btw, I still wouldn't touch Robin Hood with a bargepole, and I don't know any serious trader that does to be honest.
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:20 pm

I believe what we see here is far beyond Robinhood's failure and corruption. If there is anything left in the US in terms of justice, this should be already focusing on RH and the people around it. It seems that Robinhood received emergency capital injections from people and companies who were negatively affected by the price of GMT. Someone has to work hard to prove this is not under the table dealings.
If this happened in a couple of stocks yesterday, then it might happen again in the future again in stocks and commodities that other people hold. The only word that comes to my mind is fraud. I see no reason why any legitimate investor should keep funds in Robinhood.

But it is not only Robinhood.
Could someone explain why negative reviews are deleted from Google and Apple?
Could someone explain all these positions and videos from Bloomberg and CNBC?
Could someone explain the positions of all these ''social capital'' businessmen who are ''disrupting'' everything and all the time.

This is communism reloaded. Communism 2.0 made in the USA.
Last edited by arbusers on Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atilla9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:44 pm

I'm only happy because more and more people seeing this.
crowned
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:07 pm

Vladimir Tenev and the other owners of Robinhood are fraudsters. SEC must act now. If it doesn't act then it is logical to assume that SEC is part of the fraud. Surprisingly I see Tenev on TV speaking for conspiracy. What a distortion of the truth!
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:44 pm

What we do, arbing, valuebetting, etc translates to the same policy worldwide. The difference is that we trading as poor people , not yacht owners :). We just want a living that suits our needs, not dreaming of buying yachts and snobism all around ...
Goojybooboo
Has experience

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:11 am

Vladimir Tenev is now in all nationwide channels accusing retail investors for misinformation, claiming Robinhood did not restrict trading. And a bunch of so called anchormen and anchorwomen are simply accepting this position. The case needs a congressional investigation and for as long as this doesn't take place then every investor in the world is entitled to say the US government and authorities are perpetrators to this crime.

Robinhood says they want to democratise investing. Which is a joke after what they did. The only way to democratise investing, if authorities dont care, is simply take your money out of your Robinhood account and close it. Then lets see their IPO and their emergency injection of cash how it goes.
Last edited by Goojybooboo on Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:12 am

I dont think they were shorting btc. Their financial problems are deeper in the business model and management.
What they did with the stocks is pure market manipulation and i think the (SEC) will act. If it doesn't act than arbusers is completely right about USA.
I dont think they will go with the IPO after this because it would be a total failure.
They will lose a lot of customers from this but in the long run i dont think it will be a problem since most of their customer are average people trading for fun or from ignorance.
straili
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:43 am

There is a missing point in the GME story.
Crowdsourcing and retail investors proved to be smarter that Robinhood, Melvincapital, Point72 and TDAmeritrade.
Losing 2-3 Billions is indeed a lot but these companies should have a look at the idiots running them, because next time they will lose even more. And btw some people should be jailed as this is a first class financial crime.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:52 am

To be fair there are 4 brokers/platforms that inflicted different kinds of restrictions. These are:
Robinhood
TDAmeritrade
Schwab
Interactive brokers.

The other companies that you mentioned are investors in both Robinhood and short sellers of GME. In a nutshell this is where the crime is.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:58 am

They should change the name of the broker: Robin Hood stole the rich to give to the poor. This guys do the opposite.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”