RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Has Bet365 become sharper ?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Has Bet365 become sharper ?

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:54 am

Has anyone noticed that after sports returned with the closing of quarantine bet365 has become sharper than other softs in live betting ? Is it just me and my particular style or is this the overall situation. Any thoughts appreciated.
bigtuna
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Has Bet365 become sharper ?

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:37 pm

Quite the contrary for me actually. Both in basket and hockey they've become much worse.
wilshey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:28 am

There is no logic in the last two posts. Can you describe the situation more clearly?
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:38 am

After covid pause of sports many things have changed in teams and players form. This results in bookies data giving different odds from reality. I am stating that bet365 is sharper than others in this times. Meaning i am negative in bet365 while i am positive in all other softbooks with value betting. The only logic that explains this is that different styles have different results.
Matis77
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:21 pm

I have moments with bets, W and L, but you can feel that it looks like a sharp bookie next to the other softs,  except in hockey  >:(, who loves to void it seems
L
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:38 pm

Wolfie wrote: After covid pause of sports many things have changed in teams and players form. This results in bookies data giving different odds from reality. I am stating that bet365 is sharper than others in this times. Meaning i am negative in bet365 while i am positive in all other softbooks with value betting. The only logic that explains this is that different styles have different results.
Could it be that your reference odds feed is delayed? Bet365 is very quick to update its live odds. While most soft bookies will take many seconds (if not minutes) to update their odds after some significant moment takes place in the match, Bet365 will update its odds in about 2 seconds, even if the goal was scored. So it is possible that Bet365 quickly update their odds while your reference source still displays old odds, thus creating fake value bets for you
Last edited by L on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 am

L wrote:
Could it be that your reference odds feed is delayed? Bet365 is very quick to update its live odds. While most soft bookies will take many seconds (if not minutes) to update their odds after some significant moment takes place in the match, Bet365 will update its odds in about 2 seconds, even if the goal was scored. So it is possible that Bet365 quickly update their odds while your reference source still displays old odds, thus creating fake value bets for you
No bro, that is easy to see. But for people who jumped to value betting directly without trying arbing that can be hard to spot. I guess i will not bet the losing sports for 3 months and than check again what happens.
pkpunter
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:47 am

Hello Wolfie, I know that the post is from a year ago, I also noticed the same thing with bet365 on live, and ever increasing difficulties in particular the last three months to bring value from them compared to other bookmakers. Is live tennis your losing market with them? Could we possibly talk about it in private? The topic is becoming really interesting as it is unpleasant for us valuebectors who come from arbitrage and work according to certain parameters ... ;) thanks for your attention

Return to “Bookies discussion”