RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

What Happened to SBOBet ?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
TheChosenOne
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

What Happened to SBOBet ?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 am

I won't lie guys i'm gutted because I was under the impression that SBOBet had big betting limits and did not ban sharp long term winning bettors even recent reviews on the internet had praised the the website my theory is that this is because a lot of the people who write these reviews either bet low stakes or do not gamble at all, So after reading all these amazing reviews I was chomping at the bit to open up a Sbobet account but was left incredibly disappointed at  how low the betting limits were.

what ever happened to this site is this a recent occurrence ? it looks like you can't put this site in the top tier of sports-books anymore unfortunately, here Below I will post some screenshots of some of the events and there limits.

thank you to anyone reading !

Edit: I do not know how to post screenshots so here below I will post some of the betting limits on some of these events you will have to just take my word for it don't worry i'm a honest guy !

11/04/21: (£41 Max Bet for Vettori) Marvin Vettori 1.25 Vs Kevin Holland 3.12 ( £19 Max Bet for Holland)

11/04/21: (£41 Max bet for Yusuff) Sodiq Yusuff 1.63 Vs Arnold Allen 2.17 ( £35 Max bet for Allen)

10/04/21: Liverpool vs Aston Villa ( £403 LFC) (£271 Draw) ( £213 Villa)
hardcore
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: What Happened to SBOBet ?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:52 am

The reviews of sbobet on the internet were true but they are out-of-date now. Sbobet was really one of the best books in the world a few years ago but then they changed their business model and now they are even worse than some soft books.
hk
hkbestrader

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:26 am

TheChosenOne wrote: I won't lie guys i'm gutted because I was under the impression that SBOBet had big betting limits and did not ban sharp long term winning bettors even recent reviews on the internet had praised the the website my theory is that this is because a lot of the people who write these reviews either bet low stakes or do not gamble at all, So after reading all these amazing reviews I was chomping at the bit to open up a Sbobet account but was left incredibly disappointed at  how low the betting limits were.

what ever happened to this site is this a recent occurrence ? it looks like you can't put this site in the top tier of sports-books anymore unfortunately, here Below I will post some screenshots of some of the events and there limits.

thank you to anyone reading !

Edit: I do not know how to post screenshots so here below I will post some of the betting limits on some of these events you will have to just take my word for it don't worry i'm a honest guy !

11/04/21: (£41 Max Bet for Vettori) Marvin Vettori 1.25 Vs Kevin Holland 3.12 ( £19 Max Bet for Holland)

11/04/21: (£41 Max bet for Yusuff) Sodiq Yusuff 1.63 Vs Arnold Allen 2.17 ( £35 Max bet for Allen)

10/04/21: Liverpool vs Aston Villa ( £403 LFC) (£271 Draw) ( £213 Villa)
Since abt 2 years ago, SBO has gradually become a Eurasian book. More like europe if anything
barret19
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:35 pm

They got invaded/ hit hard by fixers and line abusers, so they decided to go the easy way by turning into soft bookie, instead of trying to continue competing with Pinnie,IBC and BetISN.
TheChosenOne
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Thanks for all the responses guys !
arb12
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:22 am

Hey mates,
SBO via Mollybet platform lately have low limits and cutted odds as you know, but surprisingly they returned with sharpen odds via Molly during Euro 2020 soccer games. Limits seems to be risen, but are much lower than Pinny, ISN and other sharps.
A beautiful engineering creature,
the World's largest civilian Aircraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGvGSeLm_U
hardcore
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:05 pm

I think they returned only for EURO2020 and Copa America. Once those cups are over, sbobet will disappear from mollybet again.
arb12
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:18 am

Not to open a new thread, I am curious about SBOTOP. More or less, it seems that SBOTOP is a sister book of SBOBET. Or this one is on a B2B basis? Is there any info about SBOBET and SBOTOP similarities - limits and odds? Any brokerage service with SBOTOP access?
A beautiful engineering creature,
the World's largest civilian Aircraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGvGSeLm_U
Samael
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:27 am

barret19 wrote: They got invaded/ hit hard by fixers and line abusers, so they decided to go the easy way by turning into soft bookie, instead of trying to continue competing with Pinnie,IBC and BetISN.
Why Sbobet got hit and not Pinnacle or Sing.. Did they offer some markets alone that were vulnerable?
Samael
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 am

arb12 wrote: Not to open a new thread, I am curious about SBOTOP. More or less, it seems that SBOTOP is a sister book of SBOBET. Or this one is on a B2B basis? Is there any info about SBOBET and SBOTOP similarities - limits and odds? Any brokerage service with SBOTOP access?

Name Sbotop was used in sponsorship instead of Sbobet.

I googled now and they had (or still have) sponsorship with Leeds.
You can see Leeds logo on front page of Sbotop which must be sister bookie aimed at UK market?
bettor069
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Sadly Sbobet is not what they used to be. I personally wouldn't use Sbobet because limits they have are pitiably low. I'm really curious why so and what happened to them.  :-\
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:24 pm

It is a good sign that even in big events (ΕURO ) there will be another option in mollybet platform. Unfortunately Sbobet & IBC they saw the future and understood what is coming after Covid -19 area . Let's hope in the future a  new bookmaker (why not PENTA88) will replace them .
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:32 pm

Cenamoli wrote: It is a good sign that even in big events (ΕURO ) there will be another option in mollybet platform. Unfortunately Sbobet & IBC they saw the future and understood what is coming after Covid -19 area . Let's hope in the future a  new bookmaker (why not PENTA88) will replace them .
Penta will never replace them. They simply follow pinnacle odds with +/- some percentage. Sbo and IBC were having their own odds, sometimes with big difference than pinnacle, different markets etc
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:19 am

apoel81 wrote:
Cenamoli wrote: It is a good sign that even in big events (ΕURO ) there will be another option in mollybet platform. Unfortunately Sbobet & IBC they saw the future and understood what is coming after Covid -19 area . Let's hope in the future a  new bookmaker (why not PENTA88) will replace them .
Penta will never replace them. They simply follow pinnacle odds with +/- some percentage. Sbo and IBC were having their own odds, sometimes with big difference than pinnacle, different markets etc
You have right about Penta88 until now . But because i want to be positive  i hope to add more small leagues and more sports . I am very curious when we will have completely escaped from Covid -19 and all tournaments/championships will start normally without restrictions , if new bookmakers will appear or SBO & IBC slowly return as before on mollybet platform . Now the situation (talking about smaller football markets ) in mollybet  for me are disappointing , few number of matches on in-play and tiny limits  :(. Something have to change .
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:09 am

Cenamoli wrote:
apoel81 wrote:

You have right about Penta88 until now . But because i want to be positive  i hope to add more small leagues and more sports . I am very curious when we will have completely escaped from Covid -19 and all tournaments/championships will start normally without restrictions , if new bookmakers will appear or SBO & IBC slowly return as before on mollybet platform . Now the situation (talking about smaller football markets ) in mollybet  for me are disappointing , few number of matches on in-play and tiny limits  :(. Something have to change .
Personally i am not positive. I am afraid that in the next years situation will be even worse than now.

We know that sbo & ibc (which btw might be have same ownership (Paul Phua) under one article i read few years ago) get rid of european agents but they continue using asian agents. What is the diferrence? Asian agents are taking position on their bets while european agents doesn't. I assume asian agents are profiling bettors and get rid the winners so at the end only low value bets are directed to sbo and ibc. European bettors though doesn't kick you if you are a winner,  so asian bookies are forced to decrease limits in order to cover their asses. They first impose 50% PT, then 60%, then 90%. That why limits are now joke. Imo Asian bookies tried to force agents to take position (hence they will kick out winners) which doesn't seem to be happen with european agents. As a result, limits with european agents keep decreasing.

What i am expecting in the future is that ISN will follow sbo and sbo rute (they have already further descrease limits). If Sbo and IBC were loosing money from european bettors, doubt ISN are able to make profit from same bettors. Singbet are covering their asses via unfair voids so practically we will be left with pinnacle which has already reduced limits as well and also increased juice.

Return to “Bookies discussion”