BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbs and BettingAgents

Ask anything about smart gambling
GreenHoodSherwood

Arbs and BettingAgents

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Hi all,

Hope you can point me in the right direction. As an excuse to learn the Python programming language I built some web scrapers. Then I remembered that betting arbitrage existed so I built a basic proof-of-concept bit of software that can scrape various bookies live prices and combine their odds to highlight any arbitrage opportunities.

But I've seen on this site that pre-game arbitrage is effectively dead as I will get gubbed very quickly? Is that right? Arbing during live games is the only possibility?

Second question, I've only just come across the concept of BettingAgents like AsianConnect88 and PremiumTradings. I can't quite grasp what these services do. Am I right in thinking I open an account with them and place funds in it. Then they show live prices from a variety of bookies and I can place bets in these bookies through my betting agent account? I don't open an account with each bookie? What bookies do they use? Are these Agents safe and reputable?

Thanks
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Arbs and BettingAgents

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Agents dont use any "soft books" where arbs normally exist.

They use only sharp books and allow access to the big betting exchanges, where you complete the other side of the arb.
Never trust a goose!!!

Return to “Newbie's questions”