RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Source of income

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
freaked
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Source of income

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:34 am

Have many of you guys been requested this, and if so from what books?

Never happened me, but it has to a buddy a couple times - possibly he failed some third party check (if they can do this?), as he has been on welfare since Covid hit.

How have you handled it - has there been a case where a loan has been given from somebody else and they go on to question this?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Source of income

Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:20 pm

Regulated bookmakers will ask for SOF more frequently than others. That said, I would put all UK bookmakers at the top of the list.
A SOF request could be triggered by a number of reasons. Let me give you some examples:
You deposit more than 2k within a month. (Dont take the 2k to the bank, it could be anything according to the bookmaker's standards)
You won a lot and you pissed off the bookmaker.
Your profile score is low.
3rd party information alarming the bookmaker.
Each SOF request should be treated in a different way according to what the bookmaker is asking for. But whatever you do, be 100% sure the bookmaker will ask you to confirm whatever you say with genuine documents and these should be provided.
Sandica9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:05 pm

arbusers wrote: Regulated bookmakers will ask for SOF more frequently than others. That said, I would put all UK bookmakers at the top of the list.
A SOF request could be triggered by a number of reasons. Let me give you some examples:
You deposit more than 2k within a month. (Dont take the 2k to the bank, it could be anything according to the bookmaker's standards)
You won a lot and you pissed off the bookmaker.
Your profile score is low.
3rd party information alarming the bookmaker.
Each SOF request should be treated in a different way according to what the bookmaker is asking for. But whatever you do, be 100% sure the bookmaker will ask you to confirm whatever you say with genuine documents and these should be provided.
I think it's 2k net deposits (deposits-withdrawals). It's stated in the 5AMLD somewhere if I am not wrong. This is for "player protection" reasons as well
freaked
Has experience

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:47 am

Is there any law obliging the bookmaker to ask for this?

If not, surely they will just handpick undesirable accounts only for this inconvenience.
Samael
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:26 pm

freaked wrote: Is there any law obliging the bookmaker to ask for this?

If not, surely they will just handpick undesirable accounts only for this inconvenience.
Of course its not. Since forever bookmakers are able to impose will on a player, and make up any bs they want.

Lot of things this companies do are illegal or plain criminal activity, and in any sphere besides gambling there is governing body to handle that, and someone to ask and answer questions.

How come 1xbet didnt dissapear from face of the earth years ago? Or any soft bookmaker in that regard?

I dont know what is behind scenes. Bookmakers do what they want and can make up any regulation that fits them at given moment.

Where im from bookies operate with 1.80:1.80 vigor, and even after that they tax 20% total from your winnings,so your odd is coming to 1.6.
Meanwhile there is law against betting online because they want you to take bets with local companies.

Basically it still seems, they can do what they want and make up whatever they want, even in 2021.
freaked
Has experience

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:01 am

Has there been a case of stolen balance when a player could not prove source of funds?

From the cases I have heard, the book has returned the balance if the player could not provide the extensive documents they demanded.

And if this is the general case, why would the bookmaker not just continue the policy of limiting the stakes for these accounts?

Return to “Bookies discussion”