Tennis arbing question!

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
BO
BOOYAKA

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 pm

The majority of retirements in tennis happen after the 1st set so mixing 1 point and 1 set match settled books is not much of a risk. Anything else is gambling in my opinion.
User avatar
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator
Contact:
Karma: 580
Posts: 5098
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:09 pm

C'mon guys.
anormal1992
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience
Karma: -9
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Pesh wrote:
anormal1992 wrote:
Pesh wrote: When there is even a slight chance to loose your stake it is not called arbing but gambling.
I thought you were a newbie -.-" Arbing is not risk free...Even if there is a risk to lose the stake obviosly there is value at this arbitrage. Anyway opinions of some of most experienced arbers would be welcomed.
Yes I am a newbie and I sincerely apologize for taking part in the discussion then.
You dont have to apology for anything. I just thought that because of being a newbie maybe you dont have the needed  experience to give a conclusion but just to give your opinion.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 21
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:01 pm

qbet wrote: In some situations the risk is only on the downside. For example you bet on player A +1.5 ( set handicap) on Pinny against B -1.5 on a soft book that voids set handicaps unless the outcome of the bet has already been  determined at the time of the retirement. Pinnacle will void in case of an early retirement regardless the score. You can never benefit if a player retires in such a match.
Actually you can benefit from retirements too.

For example,

Some books settle Over/Under bets if total points went over the posted total. However, Pinnacle voids all over/under and spread bets regardless of results.

Let's say you bet Over 20½ at XXX Book.
And you pick Under 20½ at Pinnacle Sports.

First two sets end 7-5 and 4-6, game goes to 3rd set with. Now, XXX bookie settle your bet as WIN since game went over the posted total. It doesn't matter if any player retires after game went over 20½ points.

However, Pinnacle will void your "under bet" if any player retires.

Therefore,

If you have any books using this rule;

Bet underdog +set handicap and Over bets in these books.
Bet favourite minus set handicap and Under bets in Pinnacle.

If you stick with these rules, you may hit a JACKPOT if any player retires. You will get a void and win instead of a win and a lost.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro
Karma: 41
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Yngwie wrote:
qbet wrote: In some situations the risk is only on the downside. For example you bet on player A +1.5 ( set handicap) on Pinny against B -1.5 on a soft book that voids set handicaps unless the outcome of the bet has already been  determined at the time of the retirement. Pinnacle will void in case of an early retirement regardless the score. You can never benefit if a player retires in such a match.
Actually you can benefit from retirements too.

For example,

Some books settle Over/Under bets if total points went over the posted total. However, Pinnacle voids all over/under and spread bets regardless of results.

Let's say you bet Over 20½ at XXX Book.
And you pick Under 20½ at Pinnacle Sports.

First two sets end 7-5 and 4-6, game goes to 3rd set with. Now, XXX bookie settle your bet as WIN since game went over the posted total. It doesn't matter if any player retires after game went over 20½ points.

However, Pinnacle will void your "under bet" if any player retires.

Therefore,

If you have any books using this rule;

Bet underdog +set handicap and Over bets in these books.
Bet favourite minus set handicap and Under bets in Pinnacle.

If you stick with these rules, you may hit a JACKPOT if any player retires. You will get a void and win instead of a win and a lost.
This is interesting. Thanks.
hohooh
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 3
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 am

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Yngwie wrote: Some books settle Over/Under bets if total points went over the posted total. However, Pinnacle voids all over/under and spread bets regardless of results.

Let's say you bet Over 20½ at XXX Book.
And you pick Under 20½ at Pinnacle Sports.

First two sets end 7-5 and 4-6, game goes to 3rd set with. Now, XXX bookie settle your bet as WIN since game went over the posted total. It doesn't matter if any player retires after game went over 20½ points.

However, Pinnacle will void your "under bet" if any player retires.

Therefore,

If you have any books using this rule;

Bet underdog +set handicap and Over bets in these books.
Bet favourite minus set handicap and Under bets in Pinnacle.

If you stick with these rules, you may hit a JACKPOT if any player retires. You will get a void and win instead of a win and a lost.
didn't this strategy risk?
how about at end up total less than 20,
XXX bookie loss, and Pinnacle void
Would this happen ?
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 21
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm

hohooh wrote:
Yngwie wrote: Some books settle Over/Under bets if total points went over the posted total. However, Pinnacle voids all over/under and spread bets regardless of results.

Let's say you bet Over 20½ at XXX Book.
And you pick Under 20½ at Pinnacle Sports.

First two sets end 7-5 and 4-6, game goes to 3rd set with. Now, XXX bookie settle your bet as WIN since game went over the posted total. It doesn't matter if any player retires after game went over 20½ points.

However, Pinnacle will void your "under bet" if any player retires.

Therefore,

If you have any books using this rule;

Bet underdog +set handicap and Over bets in these books.
Bet favourite minus set handicap and Under bets in Pinnacle.

If you stick with these rules, you may hit a JACKPOT if any player retires. You will get a void and win instead of a win and a lost.
didn't this strategy risk?
how about at end up total less than 20,
XXX bookie loss, and Pinnacle void
Would this happen ?
Zero risk if you pick Under at Pinnacle or a similiar bookie.
If game ends up less then 20, then your Pinnacle bet wins. If any player retires before game completed, then Under is voided.

Be careful when betting set handicap bets like 2-0, 0-2 and 3-0, 0-3. Some books will grade your bet as "lost" if underdog wins a set. Some books (Pinnacle) will void your 3-0 bet even if other player wins 3-2.
ajeto
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience
Karma: 22
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:54 pm

2-1/1-2.....3-2 etc ...should be safe, avoid 0.
Click
Newbie
Karma: 1
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:14 am

Let's say you bet Over 20½ at XXX Book.
And you pick Under 20½ at Pinnacle Sports.

First two sets end 7-5 and 4-6, game goes to 3rd set with. Now, XXX bookie settle your bet as WIN since game went over the posted total. It doesn't matter if any player retires after game went over 20½ points.

However, Pinnacle will void your "under bet" if any player retires.
Zero risk if you pick Under at Pinnacle or a similiar bookie.
If game ends up less then 20, then your Pinnacle bet wins. If any player retires before game completed, then Under is voided.
Sorry for mining, but I'm not really sure about zero risk.

What about 6-1, 1-6 and retirement of one player.
Total 14 sa XXX lost, And Pinnacle Void or I don't understand smth.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 21
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Under bet won't be settled as lost since game is not completed yet. Make sure you checked bookie rules.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro
Contact:
Karma: 41
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:48 am

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Under bet won't be settled as lost since game is not completed yet. Make sure you checked bookie rules.
The problem could appear in a 6-0 0-6 and withdraw, if the bet was over 26½, because over 26½ cannot be reached and can be settled as lost (and under at pinnacle would be voided)
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 21
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:18 pm

ppintaluba wrote:
Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Under bet won't be settled as lost since game is not completed yet. Make sure you checked bookie rules.
The problem could appear in a 6-0 0-6 and withdraw, if the bet was over 26½, because over 26½ cannot be reached and can be settled as lost (and under at pinnacle would be voided)
It depends on book but it won't cause any problwm with book(s) I'm using.

How many tennis games you saw with 26½ total line, lol? :D
6-0, 0-6 and Withdraw. Oh, come on..Let's get real. If you're afraid of these kind of risks, you better not arb after all. Any soccer game you arbed can be postponed or a lightning may strike the field, referee may die because of heart attack etc.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro
Contact:
Karma: 41
Location: Uruguay
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:48 am

Re: Tennis arbing question!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote:
ppintaluba wrote:
Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Under bet won't be settled as lost since game is not completed yet. Make sure you checked bookie rules.
The problem could appear in a 6-0 0-6 and withdraw, if the bet was over 26½, because over 26½ cannot be reached and can be settled as lost (and under at pinnacle would be voided)
It depends on book but it won't cause any problwm with book(s) I'm using.

How many tennis games you saw with 26½ total line, lol? :D
6-0, 0-6 and Withdraw. Oh, come on..Let's get real. If you're afraid of these kind of risks, you better not arb after all. Any soccer game you arbed can be postponed or a lightning may strike the field, referee may die because of heart attack etc.
Just showing another case. As Click put the 6-1 1-6 example, I complemented the information. Did I say I'm afraid?
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”