Mixed tennis rules arbing

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mixed tennis rules arbing  (Read 1622 times)
geetz

View Profile

geetz

Mixed tennis rules arbing
« on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:03 PM »

French open is about to start and as usually there are many opportunities to explore..
I have noticed that one of my locals is producing huge (2-9% mostly as well as solid middles)  arbs with pinny and exchanges, but.. there is one I fear. Bookies tennis rules sound like this:

If one of the players in tennis match refuses to continue the game for any reason or is disqualified, he is considered a loser in all not finished games and sets, and the bets settlement occurs on the result obtained this way. For the settlement purposes for all statistics of a game day of tennis matches, the player who did not finish the game (for any reason), is considered a loser in all the remaining sets and games.

As most of the arbs are handicaps and o/u, perhaps some of you know which options are best to stake to lower the risk of losing one side or even improving the oppurtunity of the win-void situation? Is it even worth risking? Maybe any of you collected data of how often retirements occur? Is it valuable in the end? Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.
dealer wins
Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

Re: Mixed tennis rules arbing
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:25:10 AM »

One ball rules, arb against similar rules books.   Most exchanges are 1 set so your are limited with this book.

Never trust a goose!!!
geetz

View Profile

geetz

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:47:10 PM »

One ball rules, arb against similar rules books.   Most exchanges are 1 set so your are limited with this book.

Sadly the are not many books with similar rules.. Is it really that limited to mix it with exchanges?
ppintaluba
Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:43 AM »

It is safer to bet the lower odds and higher stakes on the book confirms bets later. That means, if one book needs one ball to be played and other book needs one set (or one book needs a set and the other needs the whole game), you could place an arb if odds are lower on the second book. This way, you don't have the chance that your first bet is voided and the second is not.
Scenarios:

CaseBook1   Book2   Result   
voidnot voidnot possible
voidvoidno losses nor winnings
wonvoidbig win
wonlostarb win
lostwonarb win
lostvoidsmall loss (smallest stake)

Anyway, this is just a mathematical analysis. You should also consider who are playing to see chances of withdrawal (Federer never quit a game after it started)

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
geetz

View Profile

geetz

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »

It is safer to bet the lower odds and higher stakes on the book confirms bets later. That means, if one book needs one ball to be played and other book needs one set (or one book needs a set and the other needs the whole game), you could place an arb if odds are lower on the second book. This way, you don't have the chance that your first bet is voided and the second is not.
Scenarios:

CaseBook1   Book2   Result   
voidnot voidnot possible
voidvoidno losses nor winnings
wonvoidbig win
wonlostarb win
lostwonarb win
lostvoidsmall loss (smallest stake)

Anyway, this is just a mathematical analysis. You should also consider who are playing to see chances of withdrawal (Federer never quit a game after it started)

Thank you for your honest answer, I appreciate it, this just gave me some food for brains
Pages: [1]
Print