December 09, 2016, 11:33:46 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

Horse Trading guide

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »
Author Topic: Horse Trading guide  (Read 725 times)
kladionicar

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2016, 10:03:10 PM »

I have been interested in horse and tennis trading lately so i did some research and I found about Caan Berry`s website and youtube channel and he has some really nice free content on his websime and yt channel but thats kinda not enough so i was thinking about buying his ebook called horse trading guide and his video package wich isnt really cheap so i was wondering if someone already had experience with this guy or bought his book to give me opinion about it.

MaxShalamar
Pro

Not a pro :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »

I have been interested in horse and tennis trading lately so i did some research and I found about Caan Berry`s website and youtube channel and he has some really nice free content on his websime and yt channel but thats kinda not enough so i was thinking about buying his ebook called horse trading guide and his video package wich isnt really cheap so i was wondering if someone already had experience with this guy or bought his book to give me opinion about it.

Just used the free stuff on youtube and that's all I needed TBH

kladionicar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:16:59 AM »

Thanks for the reply, btw can you suggest me any other YT channel or blog where i can get usefull information about trading. Keep in mind im only begginer in trading :)

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »

Depend on what software you are using - easiest thing is to search youtube for the software and then you can see it in action - it's confusing for beginners if someone is showing you a technique on a totally different platform

The Bet Angel channel is good if you are using that but the free version is pretty limited and you can't do half the stuff he demonstrates - does give you idea to develop a strategy or two through

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 12:07:24 PM »

I informed Kladionicar via pm, that he could search on youtube for some videos by Jimmakos, a well known trader.

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 12:53:16 PM »

Forgot to say that if you don't subscribe to trading software yet then take advantage of the free trials of full versions available through the Betfair apps section - one or two last for a month but most are a week to ten days

Bubbles
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 03:44:55 PM »

@ Nikos, Jim Makos as a BF trader is a song of a very long gone past. He throw the towel at the beginning of 2007 cause he kept loosing money. He made good money (and publicized it) in trading “golden years” when if you had a basic common sense it was like “picking up money from a street”. Here's an interview with him where he tells his story: http://sportstradinglife.com/2011/11/jim-makos-how-i-made-e100k-from-betfair-trading/ , worth reading for kladionicar so he knows what and who he's against. I mean if a guy with experience who made E 100 k a year acknowledged defeat in 2007, we're in 2016 and you can imagine how the game evolved and how much harder it became ever since.

There was also this guy Adam Heathcote, a real person or not, who allegedly made much more but he also throw in a towel at the end of 2009 - to prove the point above. Having said that, there are still quite a lot ( more than ever) ppl doing or trying to do it but if you talk with any oldtimer they will without exception tell you what the long time arbers say: the game is over. It's how they feel about its potential compared to say 10 years ago. But they still do it and make profit, however to start it now from a scratch and make it worthwhile one is up against heavy odds.

Regarding paid stuff, I agree with Max that there are a lot of free stuff on the net and there's no need to pay for anything at the absolute beginner level, especially if the price is ridicules.

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsOCp7TcgSRbgyAav8fEpdupJsg5NUqBE

Some of the videos are from 2015.

kladionicar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys... I have watched most of the Caan Berry`s free videos on youtube and I am familiar with Geek`s Toy software wich he is using, but my trial is over so I am thinking about paying 20 pounds for three months subscription. Have you ever used this software and is it worth this money, is there any better software in the market. To sum up i am familiar with this softwares and some basics about trading, I also read " Trading in the zone" and it kinda helped me to understand some basics about trading psychology but i didnt manage to find any pattern or trading guide to teach me how to get the edge over the market so i am currently searching for this :)

Smartsportstrader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 04:48:55 PM »

I have Caan's videos and Trading guide. I found them very useful but they won't transform you into a profitable trader overnight.
They will certainly give you a better understanding of the horse racing markets and how to approach them though.

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply guys... I have watched most of the Caan Berry`s free videos on youtube and I am familiar with Geek`s Toy software wich he is using, but my trial is over so I am thinking about paying 20 pounds for three months subscription. Have you ever used this software and is it worth this money, is there any better software in the market. To sum up i am familiar with this softwares and some basics about trading, I also read " Trading in the zone" and it kinda helped me to understand some basics about trading psychology but i didnt manage to find any pattern or trading guide to teach me how to get the edge over the market so i am currently searching for this :)

I tried GT but didn't like it TBH

The ones I like most were Fairbot and Cymatic - get the trials - no point is using valuable cash with a sub at the moment while you can take advantage of trials and also use that cash to trade with
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:26:46 PM by MaxShalamar » Logged

kladionicar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 05:24:22 PM »

@smartsportstrader hey thanks for the reply. I have plenty questions to ask you about the subject. Do you mind if I pm you?

kladionicar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »

@Max well i just got used to Geek's toy so changing software would probably take some time to get used to new one and subscription for three months is 20 pounds not such a big deal isnt it?

MaxShalamar
Pro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »

@Max well i just got used to Geek's toy so changing software would probably take some time to get used to new one and subscription for three months is 20 pounds not such a big deal isnt it?

Not to me :D

If you are happy with it then that's good - familiarity with software is an advantage when trading

Bubbles
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »

When you find your strategies you'll see that different softwares adopt differently to different strategies. It's not unusual among serious traders to use more than one. GT is certainly one of the best ones. Gruss is another one not mentioned before.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
« previous next »