We're coming to End Of 2016. How was your year?

Poll
Question: How was your year? (About Arbitrage Profit)  (Voting closed: January 01, 2017, 05:44:54 PM)
Better then last year - 24 (40.7%)
Not much like last year but still good - 12 (20.3%)
Worse then last year - 13 (22%)
Best Year Ever! - 3 (5.1%)
I quit arbing.. - 7 (11.9%)
Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: We're coming to End Of 2016. How was your year?  (Read 2709 times)
Yngwie/Sawyer
Probably a Pro

View Profile

Yngwie/Sawyer

We're coming to End Of 2016. How was your year?
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:44:54 PM »

Alright fellas, We're coming to End Of 2016. How was your year?
 :D

How was 2016 for you? 
Better then 2015?
Maybe worse then last year?
Maybe you no longer arbing..
Maybe you had your best year? Who knows..

I hope everyone had a profitable, great year. I wish everyone a profitable, peaceful and lovely NEW YEAR!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:55:19 PM by Yngwie/Sawyer » Logged

Summer, Sun, Beach!
raizzak
Pro

View Profile

raizzak

Re: We're coming to End Of 2016. How was your year?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:51:30 PM »

Better than last year but i have quit arbing  ::) ::)

Don't speak for something you have no clue.
Yngwie/Sawyer
Probably a Pro

View Profile

Yngwie/Sawyer

Creativity
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »

I like to tell you a story. One day, Einstein has to give a conference to all the top scientists in the world. On the way there, he tells his driver, that looks a bit like him, "I'm sick of all these conferences, I always say the same things over and over!"
The drivers agrees, "You're right, as your driver, I attended all of them, and even though I don't know anything about science, I could give the conference in your place."
"That's a great idea!" says Einstein "Lets switch places then!"
So they switch clothes and as soon as they arrive, the driver dressed as Einstein, goes on stage and starts giving the usual speech, while the real Einstein, dressed as the car driver, attends it.
The driver does a good job and he impresses the crowd. However, there was one scientist in the crowd who wanted to impress everyone and thought of a very difficult question to ask Einstein. When the conference is about to end, This guy stands up and interrupts the conference by posing his very difficult question.
The whole room goes silent, holding their breath, waiting for the response.
The driver looks at him, dead in the eyes and says : "Sir, your question is so easy to answer that I'm going to let my driver reply to it for me."

You don't need to be a "genius" to be creative. You may ask what creativity has to do with arbitrage business. Creativity is a very important skill in arbitrage business. We must always come up with new strategies and new techniques.

Expectations

Expectations play a major role in our quest to reach higher goals. We can only achieve what we dream about. If you say "Oh, arbitrage business will be very bad next year", then it will be. You must come up with positive expectations if you want to reach your goal.

This year was a good year for me but I made lesser profit when compared to last year but still happy about it. Next year, I'm planning to make "more" profit then this year. However, I know I won't be able to make like 2 years before. Now, conditions are much more harder, much more challenging. However, we're more experienced and better armed. Things can only get better. Good luck all!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:19:14 AM by Yngwie/Sawyer » Logged

Summer, Sun, Beach!
ilovethisforum
Getting better

View Profile

ilovethisforum

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 12:45:38 AM »

Good year,not better than the last year.I am grad i managed to make a good profit.I wish you have made good money also.Thank you for all the great posts that you have made.Happy new year to everyone!
Rhub
Not even a newbie

View Profile

Rhub

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »

-
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:25:31 PM by Rhub » Logged
barbero
Has some experience

View Profile

barbero

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:05 PM »

I had a good year, probably similar to last one

I like your thoughts on expectations Sawyer, I agree with that

And that Einstein story is great!  ;)
Yngwie/Sawyer
Probably a Pro

View Profile

Yngwie/Sawyer

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:22 PM »

Oh guys, I like this time of year so much. After Thursday, not much action. Time to rest!
Of course, Premier League goes non-stop but most of leagues are off during winter break. Work schedule will start to get busy after 6 Jan. Good time to Enjoy Winter Break and rest.

Summer, Sun, Beach!
cortomaltese
Probably a Pro

View Profile

cortomaltese

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 07:46:41 PM »

Sawyer 's not only a professional to what he is doing but he seems also like a "good philosopher" and i am guessing that most succesfull people are usually both!

His Einsten's story inspired me to tell a story about Plato and his teacher Socrates

"Well Socrates and Plato was walking in a beatifull spring morning then Plato looked his teacher straight in his eyes and asked him "Socrates what is the secret to succed in life?"  , socrates instead of a reply he grab plato from his hair and put his head inside the nearby water fountain , plato was struggling with all his strength to free himself but socrates was holding his head inside the water and when plato  was almost drawn only then he released him.
After a while and when plato was recovering from the shock Socrates said to him " Plato you will only succeed in life if you put all your powers and efforts like you did to save your life from drawining!"
People are having desires that only if they are strong desires will become realities and not just remain expectations

Health and happiness to you all
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:41:14 PM by cortomaltese » Logged
ilovethisforum
Getting better

View Profile

ilovethisforum

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »

Sawyer 's not only a professional to what he is doing but he seems also like a "good philosopher" and i am guessing that most succesfull people are usually both!

His Einsten's story provoke me to tell a story about Plato and his teacher Socrates

"Well Socrates and Plato was walking in a beatifull spring morning then Plato looked his teacher straight in his eyes and asked him "Socrates what is the secret to succed in life?"  , socrates instead of a reply he grab plato from his hair and put his head inside the nearby water fountain , plato was struggling with all his strength to free himself but socrates was holding his head inside the water and when plato  was almost drawn only then he released him.
After a while and when plato was recovering from the shock Socrates said to him " Plato you will only succeed in life if you put all your powers and efforts like you did to save your life from drawining!"
People are having desires that only if they are strong desires will become realities and not just remain expectations

Health and happiness to you all

Great story,thanks for sharing with us.Happy new year to everyone!!!
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 09:09:42 PM »

don't underestimate good fortune

Gary Player once said "the more I practise my bunker shots the luckier I get."

if we work at it then more chance of a lucky break, I can only speak for myself
but "lucky breaks" are needed too and I've had a few of these

2016......best year so far :)

p.s, I go into 2017 with low expectations, exactly how I went into 2016 and hope to be pleasantly surprised?
sure you can write about positive thinking and how this will work? but ultimately you can only speak for yourself,
if it helps you great?......you can't say it wll help me or anyone else, sure reading about socrates and einstein are nice stories.....but stories are all they are....maybe those guys would have made good arbers?....maybe not? ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:19:57 PM by yorkjoss » Logged
raizzak
Pro

View Profile

raizzak

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 04:37:34 PM »

I have to congratulate anyone that is still arbing i really believe you are champs. Personally for my taste and geographic location(maybe?) i believe it is a waste of time. Other than that year went well health related we are fine, family related we are fine pretty much a good year all around.

Don't speak for something you have no clue.
barbero
Has some experience

View Profile

barbero

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »

Good to hear that important things go well for you rai :)

On the contrary: I believe anybody making consistent profit from betting and NOT arbing is a champ. So probably you are the champ!
ilovethisforum
Getting better

View Profile

ilovethisforum

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 09:29:01 PM »

On the contrary: I believe anybody making consistent profit from betting and NOT arbing is a champ. So probably you are the champ!

Indeed,i consider the ones that win in sport betting industry(without arbing) exceptional people. If someone can make consistent profits from betting without needing soft bookies, he is profesional by all the means of this word.I take my hat off to those!
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »

Indeed,i consider the ones that win in sport betting industry(without arbing) exceptional people. If someone can make consistent profits from betting without needing soft bookies, he is profesional by all the means of this word.I take my hat off to those!

profit is profit

give me an arber making 100k before a gambler making 20k, the champs are the guys who consistently make
profit from bookmakers, how they do it is irrelevant.

so many guys come on here and write bullshit

*I am a successful gambler who discovered arbing.....ok*
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:32:47 AM by yorkjoss » Logged
CharlieSheen99

View Profile

CharlieSheen99

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »

Hahah, yorkjoss rules!!
For me is more difficult make 20k consistently just gambling, than 100k arbing... i hope that the majority of this forum think in the same way. For this Raizzak numbers cause surprise.
But....i prefer 100k of course😉😉
Pages: [1] 2
Print