Betting portfolio

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Betting portfolio  (Read 5524 times)
Osaka
Gaining experience

View Profile

Osaka

Betting portfolio
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:06:07 PM »

I have been thinking long time now about building betting portfolio and I have just started a week ago(building big bank for this only required a lot time). Idea is that I would pay for some reliable betting services/tipsters/blog and follow tips from these experts. In the long run this should be profitable (if services are selected correctly) and it would lower danger of downswings. Since when you have quality services, chances that more then one is in negative run entire month are pretty slim. At the moment I have started with 4 blogers, each expert for different sport. Stakes are medium high (only pinnacle and asian bets). Services costs so staking can not be small. Medium high stakes, betting to win amount, stake size cca. 3%of the bank.

Anyone had any experience with something like this? Input and advice would be highly appreciated.
tiha_patnja
Gaining experience

View Profile

tiha_patnja

Re: Betting portfolio
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 11:40:13 PM »

I have been thinking long time now about building betting portfolio and I have just started a week ago(building big bank for this only required a lot time). Idea is that I would pay for some reliable betting services/tipsters/blog and follow tips from these experts. In the long run this should be profitable (if services are selected correctly) and it would lower danger of downswings. Since when you have quality services, chances that more then one is in negative run entire month are pretty slim. At the moment I have started with 4 blogers, each expert for different sport. Stakes are medium high (only pinnacle and asian bets). Services costs so staking can not be small. Medium high stakes, betting to win amount, stake size cca. 3%of the bank.

Anyone had any experience with something like this? Input and advice would be highly appreciated.

All exp that I have had with this kind of thing had been scam scam and scam. Be careful and if you find some1 reliable pls share :)
Thordin
Totally Pro

View Profile

Thordin

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:08:10 AM »

i tried it and lost money, it is very hard work.
You find a decent service and odds come crushing down the moment they release the pick. And profit is not guaranteed, even if you catch the top-odds.
So, someone might say, start with low stakes and test the services yourself. But past performance doesn't guarantee future results.

If you got money and time to waste, go ahead. Don't be fooled, maintaining a betting portfolio requires a lot of time.
luctens
To become a Pro

View Profile

luctens

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:35:33 AM »

I have always been extremely sceptical of tipsters and will never go near them as if they had a secret or a system or whatever that produced consistent, long term profits, why would they tell you about it? If you asked them that then they would probably tell you that they've been limited at all the bookies and can't get the bets down themselves or something like that but that's a rubbish argument as if you really had a good way of making money, you would get your friends or whatever to place the bets and basically you would find a way.

Also, there are a lot of tipster sites etc that have affiliate links with the bookies and they encourage you to sign up through these links. This then means that the tipster profits if their tips lose so that is a big conflict of interest there and how could you trust anybody to tip you a winner when you know that they will profit if you lose?

There is a good write up on tipsters on https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/a-mugs-game-how-twitter-tipsters-are-profiting-on-losing-bets
raizzak
Totally Pro

View Profile

raizzak

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:41:25 AM »

pretty much the odds thing. Noone can be really profitable at premier league or la liga these are well priced markets so the if there is in some is very slim so you can bet really high amounts and the odds not crush.

The reason im telling this is because the real profit come from these niche markets like basketball finland or something like that the limits are lot lower and the odds move like hell... A single limit bet for me at pinnacle at 800 eur limit market move the line a point at basketball.

Ofc to find reliable tipsters oh man that's pain not many can do it. You can know a team upside down, know them better than they themselfs and still be way off on their pricing in your head. That's ofcourse on fair trying ones, most of the tipsters out there are scams and they charge amounts that even if you had a slight chance to be profitable the service cost blows you away anyway. Good luck.

Don't speak for something you have no clue.
Osaka
Gaining experience

View Profile

Osaka

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 11:23:40 PM »

@raizzak - i completely agree that only services worth paying are niche markets. Having a lot of problem wiith catching good lines and odds thought,  because they move so fast here. I ll be jumping as soon as my mobile rings with sms/mail and rushing to catch the odds. Mostly I get the good lines but also often happens that you are late and value is gone/line is couple of points higher. Tipster remains in profit but you remain in negative or zero because of these differences. I am thinking of joining forces with some friends and share on call time for alerts since one man can not make it all by himself.

@luctens - as raizzak  suggested, it is impossible to place large bets on these profitable markets where values can be a lot easier to find. So I can understand a profitable tipster with big followers charging tips. For example he can place 300E on Pinnacle for his expertise league. 30 tips monthly with 10% yield will generate him 900E of profit. Good tipster services can earn more than that monthly with ease. (some even much, much more)

Currently I am paying 4 tipsters/blogers and following them. Each an expert in his field, small/medium markets. Will report when I get some results and good sample size. Please continue further discussion, maybe we can all learn something new about this topic. Cheers

Osaka
Gaining experience

View Profile

Osaka

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 11:25:53 PM »

@Thordin - yes; I am just seeing that. Takes a lot of time. I have some other projects I am doing at the same time and didn't expect this one to be so demanding and time consuming. And I have started with 4 tipsters with general idea to be at 10 in the long run. That might be even full time job :D
svevlad
Gaining experience

View Profile

svevlad

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »

i use horse tipser and i double bank every year.now i start with football and so far is good.(ex yu clanovi mogu da mi se jave da razmjenimo iskustva)
Smartsportstrader
Gaining experience

View Profile

Smartsportstrader

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 09:17:01 PM »

Its tough to find reliable tipsters that are profitable and give realistic odds. The best one that I have found is a tipster that focuses on short odds. Had a 160% bank increase this year.
Osaka
Gaining experience

View Profile

Osaka

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:59 AM »

Update: found one that seems reliable and good: https://www.betrush.com/verified/3689.html

Also should not be too expensive, around 50€
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

View Profile

Alfa1234

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 09:33:50 AM »

68 picks and it seems reliable and good?  I can open 10 accounts tomorrow and have the same results in 1 or 2 of them EASILY.

Please google "survivorshop bias" and read up on it.
naza
Gaining experience

View Profile

naza

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 09:47:42 PM »

what do you think of this tipster ? http://www.racingproofing.com/backingtipsters/chasemaster.html

he has proving since 2008 and showing long term profits, patience needed
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

View Profile

Alfa1234

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 12:06:51 AM »

https://secretbettingclub.com/chasemaster/

ROC of 216% since 2008.  That's about 9 years. ...he makes roughly 16% on his invested initial capital each year.  To make 100GBP/month, you'd need a betting bank of 7500GBP.  Deduct the montly cost of 25GBP for a yearly subscription and you will make 75GBP/month.  A well documented tipster with obtainable odds, but you can put those 7500GBP into a P2P loan company for the same results (and better if you compound the interest) with 0 risk and less effort.
JamesMiller
Gaining experience

View Profile

JamesMiller

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 01:02:46 PM »

what do you think of this tipster ? http://www.racingproofing.com/backingtipsters/chasemaster.html

he has proving since 2008 and showing long term profits, patience needed

I also used to look into that tipster

Yeah, it's quite helpful
Pages: [1]
Print