- We require your email to subscribe you to the Site and forum and authenticate you to use it.
- We collect general information and anonymous statistics about your visit, like IP address, browser, and which of our pages you viewed to run the Site.
- We store and process messages you post to forums or send to the Administrator and allow you to maintain your Personal profile and share it with other forum members.
- Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but
- We don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
- We will only email you our newsletter and marketing information after you have opted-in and we allow you to opt out at any time.
- We take great care to keep your information safe and we’ll never share it with others without your express permission.We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services.
- We guarantee your Data Rights under GDPR and make it easy for you to access, modify or erase information stored about you.
These are just the key points. In more detail:
Information we collect from you
- We collect email address that enables us to subscribe you to the Site, authenticate you, and manage your membership or for notifications, newsletters and/or other marketing information should you opt in for such newsletter and marketing communications.
- Profile information. Optionally, we provide you with a feature to describe yourselves with Profile information such as Date of Birth, Gender, and location that we store on your behalf. You control sharing this information with other forum members only to facilitate your participation in the interactive features of the forum.
- Messages posted in forums or exchanged between forum members including the Site’s administrators and moderators.
- We collect generic information about your visits to and use of the Site such as your IP addresses, geographical location, timezone, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. and we may use this information for a number of purposes such as and without limitation optimising the use of the Site, forum posts, or for security purposes.
- We use Analytics Services for website traffic analysis and reporting and to track information such as which browser, screen resolution and IP address you are using to access our website, in addition to tracking your movements around our website so that we make the Site better. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
What do we do with the information
Operate the Site
We will use your information as a prerequisite to operate the Site and or the following purposes:
- Ensure that we can identify and authenticate you in order to allow you to participate in interactive features of our forum, when you choose to do so as well as contribute and communicate with forum members
- Notifications regarding news posted on the forum regarding the latest developments in the sports arbitrage and trading sector
- Provide customer service in relation to your use of the Site, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Site and to notify you about changes to our service
- Administer, support, improve and develop our Site
- Personalise the Site so as to improve your user browsing experience
- Send you general (non-marketing) technical and commercial communications, such as information about the Site and notifications pertaining your participation in forums communication and member messaging
- Internally monitor users’ use of the Site to enable us to analyse audience make-up,and review other Site behaviour in order to determine what other products, services and events you may be interested in and in order to assist us improve our business generally
- Monitor usage and ensure that the website and your data remains secure
If we have your consent, we may send you email newsletters with sector news and developments including carefully selected offers and deals from third parties. We will always require you to provide your explicit and consent and provide you the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
You should note that the public elements of the Site and its forum will be visible by users of the Site anywhere in the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself and only submit information that you are happy to be public information.
Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Share” and “Tweet” buttons. To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control ourselves. We do not have any access to the information they collect, nor can we control how those networks use it. Social networks therefore could know that you’re viewing this website, if you use their services (that isn’t to say they do, but their policies may change). As our website is remarkably inoffensive we believe that this is not a concern for most users.
Third Party Sites and Contributors
Our servers are situated in the UK; however, we collect data from wherever users are situated. The information that we collect may therefore be transferred to the UK from any other country in which you may be located and will be subject to UK data protection laws rather than the laws of the country in which you are resident.
Your personal data may be transferred, processed and/or stored outside the European Economic Area for the processing purposes such as e-mail communication. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Therefore, we may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of the Site, to improve the Site’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit the Site, to monitor website traffic and to personalise the Site for you.
If you do not wish us to install cookies on your computer for these purposes, you may change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information, please consult the ‘Help’ section of your browser. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
As mentioned above, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to the Site may be used to create reports about the use of the Site and the analytics service provider will store this information.
Security and Data RetentionArbusers employs security measures to prevent the loss, unauthorised access against lawful processing, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured data centres behind firewalls
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Arbusers will ever ask you for your password, so please don’t trust anybody asking you for it.
We will retain your information, for the duration of your membership of the Site and for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits for backup purposes.
Your Data Rights
You are entitled to see the information held about you and make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. You can do that using the Site and the Account and Profile functionality. You may use the site to copy and save your data in a electronic format for data portability purposes.
Once you have opted-in, you may request us to stop sending you the newsletter or any marketing information at any time by opting out using the opt-out link or by emailing email@example.com
You may request us to cease processing or erase your data at any time but this for data other than newsletter will mean that we are unable to maintain your membership of the Site and will entail closure of your account. In the event of an account closure all current data is deleted whereas information stored in backups will be discarded based on our backup retention policy that will not exceed a 24 months retention period.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited emails or forum messages sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email or message with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
We will undertake to respond to your data rights request and queries within a calendar month.
Right to be forgotten You have the right to request the deletion of your posts. Request of this type is a subject to an administrative fee to meet our costs for satisfying it.
Updates to this policy